Folks,

I was just sitting here listening to Zeena practice her opera lessons when I began to think of the good times across all the years this forum has gathered my attention on a mostly daily basis. We have had so many smart and interesting posters over these nearly 17 years. Now we have dwindled to just we few. With me being the clear exception, I think HWH has been boiled down to the best of the best.

Friend Fittop has added so much this year that I began thinking that we could use some more new pilots. I was considering what we needed to round out our roster and make it even better than ever. But what traits should we seek in these new pilots? Here is what I came up with. We need a plodding, mundane person with a mostly uncool way of communicating. Someone who's posts are short and clear. Someone with a military and or law enforcement background that knows all about firearms and also loves to fly.

But folks, whom could that be and where in this big world would we find them? What's that LeRoy? You say read the post someone wrote just above this one? OK, let's see. OH MY GOODNESS.... No, make that Oldgrognard. We have him already and a welcome addition he is.

OG:
We thank you for all your interesting posts and certainly for your compliments. Many people have stood in awe of the writings on these pages. I have done so as well. As for my own scribbles alone, if anyone stood in awe it would be for how poor they are, I'm sure.

MG:
You have made my day. And that should indicate how my day has been going so far. wink I thank you so much for your kind post. I will get on with writing that e-book just as soon as I finish the thick tomes Dux sent me for Christmas/New Years holiday late night reading. That would be "The Training And Socializing Of Wild And Domestic Felines" by: Scratch N. Bittun and the NY Times best seller "101 Useful Things You Can Make From Cat Skin And Fur" By Ken U. Kethem. winkngrin

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019