Folks,

Dux:

Those glowing exhausts were apparently quite easy to see. They were used by night fighters on both sides to bring down many a bomber and fighter. Those bright exhausts were also useful in flying formation at times I understand. Is this in any way modeled in BoB2?

I'm sure that you have taken note of the recent passing of the screen actor Chuck Heston? I have read both his autobiographies. "In the Arena" is quite good. Although many of his films were very good, I think his first film for Cecil B. De Mill "The Greatest Show on Earth" continues to be my personal favorite. Fresh out of North Western University, one is struck by how incredibly young he is in that film.

"Ben Hur" and "The Ten Commandments" rank right up there too. Heston had a special affinity for the off beat western "Will Penney". That is a good one but not a particular favorite of mine. "TGSOE" was recently on TV here and "Ben Hur" and "Ten Commandments" were both shown at Easter. The bloody "Major Dundee" with the late Richard Harris was shown tonight on the Classic Movie Channel. I can remember going to see that in the theater.

I understand that Heston was suffering from Alzhiemer's. What a vicious disease that is. I can think of nothing more monstrous to endure than to find that you can no longer trust your own mind.

I had often postulated that the condition of Sleep Apnea might be a contributing factor in Alzhiemer's. As you know, sleep apnea is a condition where one stops breathing several times during a night's sleep. The sufferer eventually wakes up gasping for breath. Obviously the brain is deprived of oxygen night after night and deep sleep is lost as well as irreplaceable brain cells.

Local physicians questioned about my theory all said that it made perfect sense to them however they knew of no studies that would indicate that it had been proven to be a contributing factor in the disease. I had never seen any indication that medical science had come to the same conclusion until a well respected scientist mentioned it on TV just the other night. He stated that it was now considered to be a contributing factor.

Wonder if I thunked of it first? Probably not. Now if I could only remember that cure for hiccups I drempt about before my apnea woke me up, I could retire my junior microscope and stethoscope and bask in my laurels as a relieved world of former sufferers petitions The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences for my first Nobel Prize. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019