Folks,
Dux, MG, Fitop:

THe filthy rumor that I have skipped the country to avoid more combat is false. I f I find out who started that prevarication there will be one more casualty for Matron to minister to.

In fact I am writing to you from Canada where I have just touched down ferrying a captured German fighter to our allies in Canada and the US to inspect and learn its weakness and strengths. You will not have heard of this particular plane lads. It is amazingly fast and has no prop. No prop on either end. Incredible, right? That is more than I should tell you because the whole thing is very hush hush and secret. I am hoping to avoid the sensor by sending this to you by very long range carrier pigeon.

By long range I mean it will be secreted on the next bomber shuttled over there from here and loosed by an accomplice when the bird arrives in England. If you don't receive this let me know.... I know rationing is tough. Do not let LeRoy cook the heroic bird.

Fittop, Thanks for the good wishes. They are experiencing a much shorter period of drought here in Toronto. We had a few sprinkles of rain toady. Not enough to help much. Perhaps the drought is broken now. It is apparent from MG's post where all the water has fallen. Perhaps those creative Danes have developed a secret rain making device? Could you look into that for us MG?

Can't ride your bike? Really? I happen to know you can ride your bike in the rain without much risk of drowning. And don't you complain about not being able to cut the grass. That my friend is hard work and much less fun than bicycling.

Dux, If you have half the fun I've been having here already you'll have to go for another holiday when you return just to recuperate. wink

I'll be returning on the 6th of June. Since nothing important ever happens on that particular date I am expecting a huge booze-up on my thirsty arrival. And fellows do not let Dux near the bar until I get there.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019