Folks,

Somewhat like Olga, Fat Herman will always give in to pressure..ummm...in the end. Then when London becomes the favored target all pilots can expect at least some rest at night unless they happen to find themselves in that beleaguered city for some reason. Dowding will be relieved that his airfields are now safer. It is perhaps (to steal a phrase) the end of the beginning.

According to the sources I've read, possums can indeed be kept as pets. Unlike squirrels who (pardon the expression) go nuts at sexual mturity, they are in fact one of the easiest wild creatures to domesticate if they are obtained early in life and raised as a pet. I know from personal experience that they get along well with cats.

When we had several cats at our other house, I've seen a wild possum and several cats eating from the same tray on more than one occasion. There is a video on the web that shows a mother cat who has adopted a tiny baby possum carrying it around on her back. Our little fellow loves to sleep in a shirt pocket and he will ride on our backs as well. He would happily cling there for hours as we do your chores if we'd let him. Because he sometimes pulls our hair and because we are afraid he might fall, we never have allowed it for that length of time.

We plan to release this one when he is old enough. It should thrive so near the river.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019