Folks,

MG:

It would seem that you have been something of a hoarder my friend. How do you say 'pack-rat' in Danish? I have long been accused of being of that ancient race of long tailed hoarders myself. I am dead certain that if I keep something long enough I will find a good use for it no matter how useless it may be to me at that time. wink

I believe that the Ti4200 card might serve my purpose nicely and I would be delighted if it would help me get BoB 2 up and running for the first time. I have just read that this card ws highly rated at the time that it came out and that it was produced in two flavors, a 64 and a 128 MB version.

I am noticing some faint diagonal lines dancing on the screen at the moment. This was not seen when my other computer was connected to this monitor and the faint lines were evident when this computer was connected to another monitor. Result, I believe the current video card is failing. I lowered the refresh rate from 75 Hz (the monitor max) to 70 Hz and the lines are still there but hardly noticeable. The slower refresh rate may give me a headache...we'll see.

I cannot say if Old Dux might find a use for that other card. I do know that he once mentioned that BOB is giving him problems and that he is in need of a vid card more robust than what he has at present. Indeed, when I travel to Denmark to pick up my own card from you, perhaps we can both drop in at the Dux Derbyshire estates. His wine cellar is legendary. It may be a long trip. As I recall, it is several days journey just from the gate to the castle.

Dux is on the go quite a lot these days so we may need to make our reservations with his equerry well in advance... The last time I planned a visit he suddenly remembered that he had just invested in a new money making scheme. He said that unfortunately he had been called to Wales for several weeks of technical training and product demonstration in laser powered naval lint removal.... frown

As you know we have recently moved. I am not sure if that took me closer or further away from Denmark? smile

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019