Folks,

Mad:

LOL! \:\)

Welcome home. We did indeed notice you were missing. We thought you might have been captured (by our side or theirs) so we checked the squadron notice board daily. We ruled out your being a POW early because there was no news from Germany offering to surrender if we took you back.

Dux remarked just the other day about how much he missed you and that tenner you borrowed. I thought I had glimpsed you lurking about now and again but hiding from Olga as I was at the time, I never had the opportunity to be sure.

You honor us with your return. All air opps are curtailed by the weather right now so grab a stool, kick up yer heels on the bar and help me with the arduous task of testing Dux's bottle of whiskey for the dreaded hangover virus... no, he had to leave for a bit. He thinks he has another bottle secreted somewhere and he wants me to test that one too. Quite right, he is a good mate and a fine pilot. When I think fondly of him I just thank my lucky stars every day that intelligence is not a particularly important criterion for fighting in this war.... ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019