Folks,

Dux:

I agree. And the best thing about collapsing at the HWH bar is that you always meet so many of your friends down there under the table. ;\)

Speaking of which, it is a record hot day for October here in Dixie and I see that I am so tediously down to just ice in my frosty glass. I do so enjoy spending quality time with Margarita clenched tightly in my fist on these lazy, hazy, hot and humid Carolina afternoons. And yes, Dux I am referring to the drink and not to the beermaid. Besides which, Margarita left us several months ago. As I recall it was shortly after you reached right over the bar and pinched her on the...um.. on the 5th of August I think it was. \:\)

C51 is still struggling trying to get WOV to run. He has not given up. Since he cannot access this forum at work due to network restrictions on surfing and he is not yet online at home he is limited to time on public library computers and at his daughter's home. I will try to pass along by e-mail any new suggestions posted on the forum.

I am still struggling with my 3D graphics program but I find the struggle to be interesting. Some years ago I chanced upon a program called Strata 3D on the web. It was being offered free so I downloaded it. About that time I received a copy of PhotoShop and began spending most of my time learning that. Strata was neglected. Today it is quite hard but not impossible to find a free copy of Strata 3d 3.0 on the web the bright sparks in the marketing dept. at Strata rethunk the giveaway scheme. Today a much further developed Strata is available for purchase. $400-$600 is a just a wee bit stiff for my blood unless I was using the software for a commercial purpose so I'll muddle along with the free version thank you.

At the moment I'm searching the web for native Strata 3.0 usable objects and textures that were missing from the free version. Not much luck. I still have hope. Strata will read .3ds and .eps files. I can do 2D drawings in Illustrator or even PhotoShop and eventually get them into Strata to convert them into 3D.

Has it finally dried up over there too Dux? We are experiencing extreme drought conditions here. We are the worst hit area but are not alone. Many parts of the US are parched. C51 reports that it is also unusually dry around Toronto. The last time it was so dusty around here my idiot cousin had just taken up crop dusting and no one had bothered to tell him not to use real dust.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019