Folks,

MG:

That centennial Indy race had a spectacular finish for sure. The rookie will always have a story to tell if he never races again. Just sailing across the finish line in a shower of sparks in a crashed vehicle to get second place in the 100th running of the Indy 500 is something to be proud of yet I doubt he feels that way because his error in judgment cost him and his team the race.

Danika Patrick ran a good race as well but her car just did not quite have the speed to stay in front. Many are called but only one winner is chosen. In the end there can only be one gulping down that bottle of milk. That, like starting the race with "Gentlemen (and ladies) start your engines", is a tradition of course. I haven't seen a glass milk bottle since my youth when local dairy's still made home deliveries. I'm pretty sure I know where they get the milk but where do they get those bottles?

I could not find the Grand Prix on TV today and I could not use "unofficial channels" to view it.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019