Folks,

Could Olga be descended from the fabled Amazons?

Dr. Jeannine Davis-Kimball, at the Center for the Study of the Eurasian Nomads, in Berkeley, California, is certain that there existed a race of powerful warrior women, or 'Amazons', in Russia. In 1995, she led excavations which unearthed fifty kurgans (burial mounds) near Pokrovka, Russia; in the Eurasian Steppe, near the border of Kazakstan.

The dig exposed the remains of women who had been buried with weapons and other artifacts and dated to ca. 600 BC. Furthermore, the skeleton of a teen-aged female featured dramatic bowed leg bones which indicated that this individual had spent a good bit of time, and from an early age, astride a horse. There was evidence that this young woman had been killed by an arrow to the chest. It is believed that these skeletons belong to the race known as Scythians.

No one really knows the origin of these "Amazons". Legend has it that a group of them escaped from their Greek captors aboard a ship in the Black Sea. They came ashore by the Sea of Azov, warred with and eventually mated with the local Scythians from Colchis (south of the Caucasus). Their children are known as Sauromations; the earliest ancestors of the Sarmatian tribes.

After many months of difficult scholarly work (by other people of course) I have finally come to believe that Olga can probably trace her roots deep into the ancient soils that are today mother Russia. I believe she is a direct descendant of this ancient clan of warrior women. If you can swallo... I mean..accept this, I have some good and bad news.

I understand that both those 111s crash landed at Kenly (our local spelling, for there is a Kenly, NC but a few miles from here) and there were only two survivors, a pilot and a navigator, all the rest of the crews were killed in the battle or subsequent crash. These unfortunate airmen disappeared before medical aid could be rendered or about the same time that Olga and her red tractor, by now laden down with the entire tail section of one of the bombers, retreated over the horizon.

Being empathetic by nature, I feel so sorry for these misguided but brave men. I do not envy them their fate, for the bad news is that it is well documented that the ancient mating ritual of the Scythian women is difficult, lengthy and exquisitely painful for the man. The good news is that fatalities seldom occur until about the fifth week.....

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019