Folks,

Dux:

Nope. I am old and nearly out of guile. As crafty as I am ( and I can make Christmas ornaments from clothes pegs) I am no where near crafty enough to get that DVD player away form those 3 kids. No indeedy; I had to sneak in here and use the DVD drive on this computer.

Congrats. on seeing the Cuckoo. Of course anyone who drinks the stuff that you do is apt to see most anything... wink

As for moi, I was fortunate indeed to tick off my very first bare breasted tail twitcher of the season. She was paddling her canoe down the river past our place. Unfortunately my glasses fogged up for some reason and by the time I had cleaned them she had vanished on the other side of a small wooded island.

NOTE TO ME: Be sure to purchase a large economy sized bottle of anti-fogging spray.

The younger of our two lads caught a 2 1/3 lb., 21 inch long Bowfish late yesterday. It gave him quite a fight. As you may know, the Bowfish is an ancient and primitive species of fish that dates back 180,000,000 years to the Jurassic period. I think Spielberg made a film about 'em.

They are considered a trash fish by most anglers but don't tell my grandson. That is a fine fish if you ask him. It now resides in our outdoor freezer. It is keeping somewhat stiff company with two large grasshoppers, a lizard and a field mouse all of whom had great difficulty surviving in captivity.

The eldest grandson is learning to love BoB2. Today he flew his first mission in a 109. I'm afraid the lad has been attracted to the dark side Dux. He says he thinks he did better in his Emil. Where did I go so wrong? smile

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019