Folks,

Dux:

I am pleased to see you are still able to get here. Could your previous problem be returning? When something goes amiss and after a time improves for no apparent reason I always think of a heating problem. In any event you should pay no attention to what I think. I saw Elvis the other day. OK it was on TV but there is a young fellow running around Lizard Lick who favors him quite a bit. Enough in fact to make you consider getting a Industrial grade eye exam the first time you notice him.

I'd guess you are right. Something in those camo files is amiss for the 110. As far as I have seen so far any scenario in which the 110 appears it looks exactly the same. Or perhaps it is but another short coming of my system? I've not seen the 110 often, mostly 109s and they all look great.

As far as my dwindling cognitive ability allows I can say that the 110 has always looked like it had snow white wings since installation. I thought that odd but considered it might be an attempt at showing a bright reflection on the surface that was enhanced beyond reasonable appearance by my low texture settings. Until I actually flew the plane I was not clear that something was actually missing. I have not deleted any files on purpose. On the other hand I run CCleaner every day and it might have wiped something important in some way. I'll see if BoB master graphics Ghuru Stickman has any ideas pertinent to the issue.

I've read on this forum that in certain instances with certain configurations of the sun, moon, stars and graphics cards, planes at a distance may appear white with a 2.09 installation. Perhaps this is similar?

I continue to re-read "Horrido" with interest. This may be stupid of me to ask Dux, but I know you'll know the answer. In the book Galland is reported to have stated that his 109 was made into a sieve by cannon fire from a Spitfire during the early part of the BoB. Were there cannon fitted to Spits at that time? I thought the proper form was a nasty compliment of .303s only. I cannot find any canonen on my Spit in the game, never have in fact. I believe Hurries had a similar compliment of eight .303s. What say you?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019