PC's are mysterious creatures. elsewhere on this board you can read about my current troubles with our beloved BoB following an unsuccessful update to latest v. 2.09 spec.

Roger; I've found that only if everything else fails, and only with games for older OS' is it worth to try running in comaptibility mode. Certainly BoB II won't benefit from it because as you so rightly say, it came out designed for XP.

My own tried and tested method for running FCG on XP consists of quitting the install screen which comes up upon inserting the disc and going to the fly\winststb.exe file on the disc, setting it to Win95 compatibility, ticking all checkmarks except the last one, and then double-click that .exe.

Then, if required, apply the update, I remember we've had some discussions previously about which one is actually the right one but I don't think we ever found out definitievely which is the right patch.

Lastly, add the smacker file from MA, or from a download.

If that doesn't work - it is not going to be.

You might also try the SDOE-WW1 files again, and see if you can get a stutter-free instal on the new machine.

Saw the BoB movie yesterday as it was televised in the afternoon, so and it still looks good in spite of being 40 years old this year - wasn't it originally released in ´69?

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop