Folks,

Dux:

They shot a hole in their own wing....! ;\) I'll bet the rocket that crew (or at least someone else) got could be seen and or felt the full extent of the Kingdom and the Commonwealth. Somebody spent the remaining years of their miserable life in the service soaked to the skin, stacking guano encrusted stones in the Falklands, I'll wager.

Bringing that ancient photo of your military service back to life was a pleasant challenge. I am not at all surprised, but I am quite delighted to hear that all the faces were so familiar to you. Could you kindly tell me, Dux, which of the many smiling faces belongs to you?

There was a lump in your throat you say? I'm truly touched to hear that Old Sod. If anything displaced the constant shower of ale moving down that well lubricated cavity even for a moment then it must have been something extraordinary to be sure. It warms my heart to hear that my small attempt at restoring that old photograph was so well appreciated. By jove I'm tearing up myself. Sniff. Sniffle. Snort. Sneeze. Bloooow. Pardon me while I go look for a hanky. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019