Gentlemen,

A very happy 7th Anniversery to the HWH Squadron, and many thanks to all who have participated to this day, - and to those who will look in on us in future days, for keeping the battle going in the housholds, in the cupboards, on the stairs of the Arhives, indeed everywhere - we see the chance of conveying upon fellow pilots and other interested or disinterested parties a good yarn in such a grand way.

As I sip from my cup of tea, the whiskey from across the pond now sadly lies at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean I regret to report, I must insist that our good friend Sir Jolly Roger is acclaimed with the VC - the Virtual Cross, no less, for services to further the illit..... er, litterary quantum in the hallowed halls, and for having the fierce courage and determination to battle the massive cobwebs surrounding the Archives, and all other mentionable as well as unmentionable dangers associated herewith.

Finally, some fragments of an entirely unbelievable story are cluttering my feeble brain at this point in time, of how an Avro Vulcan was sent on a mission during the Falklands Campaign, with an Argentine stowaway discovered late in-flight, due to the aircraft burning off more fuel than expected. Fragmented I say, because I am not yet privy to the exact details of this hitherto unknown story. Alas, it does not even fit in to the HWH timeframe.

Last edited by McGonigle; 04/28/08 06:34 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop