Folks,

Dux: LOL!

We've been having some nasty weather and your delightful post really cheered me up. While watching the local weather news on TV this afternoon, the weather men were toying with their weather cam attached to a high spot on their broadcast tower. As the camera panned an honest to gosh funnel cloud began to form as if right on cue. We watched in awe as the thing formed and touched down, rose up and touched down several more times before moving away. This was happening live just 25 or so miles from me so you can imagine my interest was sharp indeed. More unsettled weather tonight and on into Monday and Tuesday. I don't suppose you are troubled with tornadoes in Derbyshire?

Thank you for risking your life and perhaps something even more dear to you by personally checking out the infamous 'Oar House' over at Studley Grange. Madame Oar has been known to treat uninvited interloper's with a wrath that has been reported by the few survivors to be Biblical in proportion. You did not mention her 'pets'. Did you happen to notice if she still has that matched pair of hungry Dobermans? The black ones with the docked ears and tails and those 3" long canines? I understand that if trespassing is infrequent she feeds them on live wolverines, porcupines and bobcats.

Your escape was worthy of Richard Atenborough me bukko. The disguise alone was nothing less than genius. Now that you mention it, it does seem a tad familiar to me as well. Say, didn't you wear that same costume to the Monarch's Silver Jamboree celebration back in 1938? Someone answering to that very description spent 90 days in the post clinker for giving the base commander a great big sloppy kiss and for bearing his pink arse in the general direction of the Royal Box. Fortunately he was saved from being charged with a hanging offense because the Royal family had already left the box in search of sweets for young Lilli-bet.

If by 'rare' you mean you visit only once every night, then a visit by you to the P&P might be considered to be somewhat exiguous. And since there is only one way that I could possibly attest to the fact that you are there so often then my visits must also be equally rare. ;\)

C51 is indeed off to that cushy retreat whilst we the more worthy remain here to risk life and limb for King and Country. We may only hope that during his absence someone there will clue him onto some industrial grade substance that will remove the large brown spot from his nose. Getting the drink besotted CO to scrawl his squiggly OK on that one must have required some world class brown nosing.

We must do something I suppose to mark the seventh anniversary of this thread. I'll sleep on it tonight and we can discuss possibilities tomorrow.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019