Folks,

Dux:

Perhaps I did not illustrate that one. I did do that for quite a few of yours. Remember "A Fist Full of Rubles"? There was deep snow and a huge red star emblazoned locomotive, a frozen fist in the foreground held some blood spattered Russian currency and a ghostly Olga peered down upon everything. I well remember enjoying illustrating that one.

The trend is toward warming. Hang around long enough and the chilly pendulum will swing the other way again. Of course things were warmish before that minor inconvenience that struck Europe called 'The Little Ice Age'. That was when the Thames froze over several peasants deep and even royalty felt a frosty draft blow up their pantaloons for quite a spell.

'Tis a gray day here in Dixie. We have sleet and icy rain here today. It is not unusual for us to see no snow whatsoever all year long in eastern North Carolina. When we do get some, all the kids and most of the ladies acquire flat noses from pressing them against the windows to see the flakes falling.

Our pal C51 who lives in Toronto is always underwhelmed by our excitement over just a few inches of the white stuff. This year they haven't had much snow either. Perhaps he forgets the misery of driving in it? He says he really misses it.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019