Folks,

Dux:

What a difference a few thousand miles makes. Mostly hot and very dry here. We have just had a brief shower. The summer has been so unseasonably hot and dry that the unabashed Tar River is showing its bottom to one and all and our reservoir is at 50% capacity. We are under strict water conservation measures.

Thirty years....My wife and I were working out in the yard that afternoon when a neighbor lady came running over all out of breath with the shocking news of the death of Elvis. I agree that Elvis' pre military/pre drugs history holds more interest. I can remember way back when sex was dirty and air was clean...I was leaving grammar school on the last day of that term and one of my friends asked me what I thought of Elvis Presley. I drew a complete blank and asked "Elvis who?". I suppose that today if you parachuted into the densest part of the remaining scraps of Amazon jungle and cut your way through tangled vines and snake infested forests to the most remote Indian village on the planet with a photo of Elvis they would all know who he was.

As I've mentioned before, I have friends who knew him. Friends who were pals of the Colonel with whom he stayed for a short time under cover whilst drying out from drugs or whatever. They found no fault with him. He was polite and generous to a fault according to them.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019