Folks,

Dux:

It is about time that you had some spring-like weather.

Yup, it may well be the writing on the wall for that gentleman now occupying number 10. I suppose that a general election might be called for at any time that there is a glaring lack of confidence in the leadership. Unlike us Yanks who are stuck with even the most obvious dud for at least 4 years.

It seems to me that when a politician makes a statement like: 'We will learn from our mistakes and move on' they really mean 'We made a mistake. We have learned from that mistake and we will not get caught next time.' ;\)

Perhaps if on election day we had more clear choices rather than just 2 cookie cutter candidates that are really just two sides of the same coin, we'd do better over here? Human nature being what it is, I doubt it. We often get what we deserve. On the surface one would think there is a great deal of difference between Mr. Obama and Ms. Clinton. Well, on the surface there are the obvious differences and they are desperately trying to make us believe they are miles apart. They are both Democrats and if elected they will act like Democrats. IMHO the real power of the President aside from the veto power resides in his or her ability to motivate the people and the congress. Mr. Obama seems to have more raw charisma yet Ms. Clinton has some too and a bit more experience.

Frankly, as I've said before no matter who is elected we the people will probably just get screwed once more. Being a red-blooded male I might well prefer it be done by a woman for a change. I have not yet made up my feeble mind. There is much power at stake of course. They ain't breaking their necks and their piggy banks just to make the trains run on time. Our Democrat primary election is almost upon us. The candidates are spending almost $200,000 a day to run TV ads in our state. I suppose the same is being spent in Indiana as well. Are there no hungry? Are there no homeless? Are there no sick people without medical insurance? Just think of all the things all that cash might be better spent for.

Here's a new headline. The oil companies say that there is really no justification for oil prices being much over $60 a barrel. Full stop! This was news to them? Someone is manipulating the price of oil they say, and it isn't them....Our shocked congress has pledged to look into these accusations and to enforce our new law that makes it a crime to manipulate the price of energy.

As those numbers on the new digital gas pumps move steadily upward, I will desperately try to keep you up-to-date as our conscientious lawmakers, the guardians of our society, work at turtle-like speed to get to the bottom of this travesty. Stand by the gas/petrol pump. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019