Folks,

Dux:

I flew the F4U once but the engine I had was too small and it was under powered. I flew the Sopwith as a glider, once. I never flew the 109 at all. Speaking of which, I now have everything here at the river with me except the F4U and that is coming after the rain tomorrow. I am sending a pix of the 109 to your rusty mailbox tonight. It is in better shape than all the rest and shows surprisingly little deterioration for such an old kit built plane.

The Sopwith was slightly damaged in its maiden flight. I repaired the damage and then hung her up never to fly again. When building the kit I was required to place a specified weight in the nose. I did so but I went a tad further in that I melted the correct weight of lead into a mold that I had fashioned from clay. Thus creating a proper weight with cylinder heads apparent.

On the road again, eh? Hmmm. That would be a good title for a song would it not? Have fun and may I churlishly remind you of your promise to send incriminating pix of your most recent pillage of Anglesey? Better send those now old sod before the fellows with egg on their hats find out you are available and have some Neanderthal types drag you screaming back into Her Majesty's service.

MG:

An amazingly generous offer my friend. That sounds absolutely great however I have no idea if that would run without melting the screws in this box. If you had difficulty with it I might as well. Doubtless your system is newer and more robust than mine. This is a P4 1.6 Ghz Dell Dimension DIM4400 with 1 Gig of ram running Windows XP svc.pak 3. It would be wonderful if your unused card would work and that I could finally get WOV running on at least a few cylinders.

Perhaps some bright spark here or over at that "other ' squadron can advise us?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019