Folks,

According to the latest gilt edged version of the HH handbook in 29 costly, hand tooled Komodo skin bound volumes, a widescreen aspect ratio was first seen in a movie in 1926. This technique was much refined by scientists at 20th Century Fox in 1953. This mind boggling innovation was developed in hopes of competing favorably with television. That was called CinemaScope. CinemaScope was soon followed in 1954 by VistaVision from Paramount Studios.

And so, my dear friends, in the natural course of scientific innovation, it has finally come to pass that we have McGonigle Vision coming to our personal home theaters. This perhaps to compete favorably with something else though I am at a loss right now to think of it. Wait, that could be cell phones! If so, I cannot find words to express my utter amazement and complete delight.

I have this very morning completed some superficial research regarding our dear friend Jens' largish team of Danish scientists and engineers assembled at the Victor Borge Institute of Applied TV Technology, Advanced Piano Tuning and Comedic Monologistic Research. A very tired Arassmus B. Dragen, chief scientific researcher, advised me that it had been a long and difficult two or three weeks of very difficult work. Further, although it had surely been a labor of love for most, everyone was elated by their success, but also bone tired. I would have asked a long list of even more probing questions had the poor man not fallen off to sleep.

Have you ever imagined an electric Bubblebath Despenser/Bathtub Ring Remover/Industrial Grade Toilet Bowl Cleanser with Heavy Duty Plunger Attachment combo? Get that patent for the TV and do keep up the good work MG!

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019