Folks,

Dux:

Is it me or has there been a noticeable drop off this year for new posts on the forum as a whole? I notice that with the exception of HWH and a post by P20 elsewhere, there have been no new posts on page one since the end of April. That was 8 days ago.

Is this a temporary slump or are we looking at yet another relocation for HWH within a few months, perhaps over to Shockwave? We've been so well treated on this forum by Jens and all the rest, I'd really hate to leave here after 7 long and happy years and, frankly, I'm not so sure how we might be received over there. Some of those chaps like our friend Z2 and his Northern pals who have actually typed here don't seem to have a particularly high opinion of my typing (OK it stinks so why should they be any different). I suppose there will be another wave of activity when the next patch for WOV comes out. Let us hope that it is just my admittedly over-active imagination. Besides which, we cannot, should not ignor the fact that we are getting 10-12 thousand hits every month now. A tiny number by Internet standards to be sure but they are every one dear to us.

We have seen this before, Old friend, time and time again, have we not? In addition to the fact that our community is somewhat fragmented across more than one forum, new sim titles are published that, temporarily at least, draw BoB pilots away. Some find their way back, others are lost to us. The BDG has done more than their share to keep our BoB fun, exciting and competitive. Although I am an honorary member I claim no credit of course and I doff my grungy cap to them. Shockwave took the code that the BDG had lovingly nurtured and at cost to them further revitalized the entire game. Though I cannot play the new game myself due to my aged box of wires and lights we must give them the thanks they are more than due.

It looks like we are in for several days of strong to severe storms, wind and rain here. At least last weekend was mostly free from rain. It was the first such relatively dry weekend in six very wet ones. I thought that was supposed to be UK weather? C51 is also treading water. He reports that several rivers and streams around Ontario are at flood stage. As you know, up until this year we have been suffering from what has been dubbed a '100 year drought' here in NC. In January we were about 10" down in measurable rainfall over 2006. Much of that rain deficit has been made up since January 2008 but the professional sky gazers predict it will be another exceptionally dry summer. Does that also mean no hurricanes? I hope that it does.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019