Its 10:00am and the bell rings, my first duty,
we all know what to do running out to the parked Hurri i take a second to look around its so calm, yet so cinfusing as engines roar into action and men run about some pilots some ground crew, all know there role....

....Flying at only 3000ft on the climb we encounter the enemy just of the coast, ive got butterflys in my belly, voices start calling over the radio, 'Bandits 12'Oclock' i am immediatly told to cover my leader, he says with a cool voice 'follow me, do what i do and you might even survive'
Now i thought oh god ive had it, little did i know about what would happen next, our Sqn climb and then whoosh! the enemy Sqn that we now know to be 110's swipe striaght through our Sqn, the only way i can describe is like an olden days battle, with swords an all, right at the point were to two armys clash thousands of men run at each other, the only real difference here being instead of swords and spears we have machine guns and Cannons.

seconds pass as our Sqn reforms, the 110's are now on our 6 turning to catch us, my leader and Sqn m8's voices are no longer calm they scream out at the enemy, calling there targets, once again we are set up head on again, this time every man in our Sqn has its own target, Boom, miliseconds pass but it seems like hours, bullets and cannon shells fill the air, as i line up i see my targets entire nose light up, hes firing right back at me i kick the rudder about but try not to lose him in my sight, i give him a long burst and see bits fall off, just as he is whizzing by i see him hit another off my Sqn i cant believe my eyes, the thin clear air is filled with a great explosion,...Striaght away i hear calls over the radio, 'Charlies had it!'
'stay with it' 'fuzzzzzzzzz............

(The diary of Pilot Officer, Lewis 'Mad' Bloomfield, BoB pilot later a 8 score ace with 123rd Sqn Africa)

------------------
Please do pay a visit to 123iap,
http://www.geocities.com/kingoftheseagulls/123_IAP.html
Serving CO-OP missions and burning 109s all year round!