Folks,

Osram:

Mein Freund, Ihre Anregung Wörter haben mich erzwungen, von Ohr zu Ohr zu erröten.

Or something close to that, sorry, my German syntax and grammar is atrocious.

You mention the "Dragons of Pern" and McCaffrey's classic "Pegasus" series? Well, I have no illusions that would place me anywhere near her league believe me. Believe me, b e l i e v e m e, b e l...i e v e ...... m e..........

As for that reverberating echo similar to that written above. I continue to hear it on this thread along with those miserable crickets chirping their bristly little legs off in the empty void. This doesn't really bother me all that much. I'd probably keep on writing this mess of mine even if no one else posted a story or commented favorably. This is therapy fellows.

How truly kind and thoughtful it was for you of all people to take so much of your valuable time writing such a lengthy and inspiring post. Of coarse everyone on this forum already knows how unselfish with your time you are, don't we? And we thank you.

Let me say that I have printed out this post of yours and if ever I actually am silly enough to feel just a tad under appreciated, I shall bring out your words and read them again and again slowly until the fog lifts.

I certainly can commiserate with you regarding your experience with the great unwashed multitudes and their response (or lack there of) to your amazing Linux freeware/shareware game.

The Linux crowd is a special breed. A cut above in many ways I think. I have never worn a Penguin suit or a "Got Root?" shirt myself, however I would have expected better from them.

In the final analysis you must do the work for yourself. Share it with others if you like but place no conditions on it. Expect no vallidation of your generocity.

I have been in the advertising/public relations business since Adam and Eve opened their first apple sauce stand. Ok, almost that long.

We except that most folks will happily complain about the smallest imperfection but few are willing to take the time to express any appreciation whatsoever no matter how wonderful the product or service might be.

This trait is hard wired into our nature so we must all learn to live with it until we can, with help from the likes of you, my friend, finally reprogram it.

Danke.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 01-19-2002).]