Folks,

Hmmmmm. If I know C51, and I think that I do, what he is probably immersed in would likely cause a Clydesdale horse to stagger around for a full week.... ;\)

As for "633 Squadron", I was rather young at the time I saw this flick the first time and, as I recall, I was on a date that night so the film never received the full attention that it deserved. I do not remember being put off by the scenes using RC models. On watching the film in subsequent years with my wife and not a date this flaw became far more pronounced.

I'd vote for a remake. Let's pick the cast. Crowe for the lead, DiCaprio for the resistance fighter, Salma Hiak for his gorgeous wife... yes, I can see real possibilities here. We'll need to add a nude scene for dear Salma to feel at home of course, she always has one in her movies, and I'd be thrilled to see it too. C51 is probably correct regarding the scarcity of flyable skeeters. Surely by now the Spanish air force has upgraded to Korean War era jets so their oddly cowled 109s might not be available as they were for the BoB movie.

Therefore all the planes might have to be CGI creations, however we would at least see BF 109s blazing away and not 108s or worse in the role of the villains. What terrible film was it that had the audacity to use a Hurricane as a 109? For some reason none of the recent combat aviation movies, enhanced as they were with CGI, have done all that well. Mainly due to other things than the aviation footage I suspect. I have "Fly Boys" on DVD but although I enjoyed the WWI combat IMHO the rest was more like a made for TV movie.

Just to set the record straight, and this is necessary more and more often these days, I did not break into anything. The footlocker was left open. It was filled to the brim with apparently empty beer cans and that offending garment was just hanging over the side in plain sight. Doubtless it was left draped there to discourage any attempts by anyone possessing a functioning nasal cavity from getting close enough to pilfer one of the empty cans.... \:\)

At any rate, it is my understanding that C51 claims he acquired this nearly lethal smelling garment from Olga as a birthday gift. As it was one of her most prized possessions, and although she has always been partial to C51, I had some reason to doubt that she parted with it so easily. With this in mind I struck off a hasty note to a mate I know who lives over at Studley Grange. He wrote back that Olga was so grieved to find those shorts missing that she was drunk for 2 solid weeks and staggering about hungover in a blind rage for a full two more. He did a little sleuthing and here my friends is what REALLY happened.

Caught short by an irate husband who came home rather unexpectedly, C51 popped out a second story window and slithered down a drain pipe to make good his escape. In doing so he forgot only one minor detail. And de tail he forgot was his own for it was completely bare to all and sundry....he left in such haste he did so without his pants or even his brightly colored Underoos.

Noticing a distinct chilling of his nether regions at about the same time he was passing Mama Seymour's Nudie Bar, Pet Grooming Facility and all night Delicatessen, he recalled that Olga was working there as a dishwasher and part-time bouncer. She was also living in the upstairs apartment. As there was ample evidence that Olga was working that night he stepped over several comatose airmen lying in the sidewalk and climbed a handy tree to slip quietly through an open window into Olga's darkened apartment.

Inside everything was cool and dark. There was a strong stench of boiled beets mingled with the powerful odors of the goat he heard bleating in the kitchen. C51 stumbled around a bit before his bloodshot eyes became accustomed to the dark. He could hear a rinky tink piano playing downstairs and the dim glow of a blinking neon sign outside gave him just enough light now and then to look around for something he might wear on his trip back to his barracks.

Twice he had been lucky, chances were not so good that he would be able to get through the base gate once more without his pants and he knew it. So, biting his lip and holding his nose, he searched high and low. Mostly the garments he found were female. He was not opposed to wearing female garments but these were at least ten sizes too big. Then he found what looked like a huge pile of men's clothing in a closet. He was overjoyed until he realized that they were all torn to shreds as if ripped from their owner's bodies.... ripped from ... from bodies...C51 bit his lip harder than ever until he tasted blood. If he were discovered by Olga he would never survive the introductory fore play.

He was headed for the window when he spied them ... a lovely pair of bright red drawers encased in an ornate frame that was hanging on the wall of Olga's bedroom. It did not occur to him that framing men's underwear was a bit odd even for Olga. He tossed the bouquet of fresh flowers adorning the Hasslehoof shrine through the open door to the hungry goat. It did not cross his fevered mind for an instant that he might better take his chances with the guards at the base gate and the Provost than to tangle with Olga. There was a crack as the glass shattered. The drawers were on in a flash and he was out the window and half way down the swaying tree before the shards hit the floor.....

Repent C51....repent before it is too late.

Plans for the coming celebration are well underway. We should reach 5,000 posts this month. The graphic is ready and has been uploaded to PhotoBucket. My e-mail to our Fearless Founder was not returned as undeliverable so the address must be correct. It is my sad duty to report to you that no reply has been forthcoming and I fear that SNAFU will not be returning for our 5,000th post celebration. It is possible that the address that I have is just a throw-away public address that is never checked anymore. Who knows? I have done my best fellows. You guys are free to try to run a skip trace or something. I give up.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019