Folks,

Dux:

Not much joy without a joystick...of one sort or another. Haven't you heard? That is the only joystick tested by the BDG that absolutely will NOT function with BoB2.....

Not funny? OK, that was an out and out prevarication. That is a very good brand and I'm sure that the Saitek AV8R will work better with WOV than my elderly MS Sidewinder Pro. I have no reason to think otherwise. It is about time that you got a new joystick.

Now we can expect to see some new patch test reports from Derbyshire within just a few days. Either that or a veritable blizzard of expletives should the new stick fail to measure up to your high standards. ;\)

A new video card will set you back a bit but the sky seems to be the limit as to the on-board power of the newer cards. I hate adding hardware to a PC even more than adding software. I'm trying to find a flash drive that will work with Win 98 SE and USB 1. I've found 3rd party mass storage drivers and I downloaded them from the UK but there is no guarantee that they will work with whatever drive I choose. Let's hear it once again for standardization!! All in favor shout and jump up and down.

Hmmmm. I see by the Mickey Mouse clinging on my wrist that it is almost 9 PM. That fine UK series "Foyle's War" starts a brand new season on PBS here at 9. There have been two previously. I know Bader loved that program. How about you Dux?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019