Folks,

MG:

Thanks for the information regarding the Little Mermaid. There are not many of those around so your sharing yours is perhaps a good thing. The fact that you have a spare is also a good thing. Tivoli is a must see for anyone visiting Copenhagen so she will have plenty of company.

Wouldn't it be ironic and tragic indeed if her Prince should appear while she is gone and then sadly return to the sea broken hearted thinking she had found another. Of course it was he who, having been saved by her, found another whom he wed in the famous Hans Christian Andersen tale.

Mermaids are quite popular with young American girls. My 4-year-old granddaughter calls them 'wormaids' for some odd reason. I have visited our coast fairly often and I have yet to see a mermaid myself. I haven't seen any wormaids either. Perhaps mermaids are all Danish?

It is said that sailors mistook Manatees for mermaids and that was the source of the myth. I dunno, I've seen a manatee quite close and it does not even vaguely remind me of any lady I ever dated.... however there was this one 'girl' that C51 brought back to HWH Hall one very rainy night.....

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019