July 11th.

Guess what? The weather still stinks, rated poor. I wonder just how hard the weatherman has to work over here...yep it will be cloudy with a spot of rain.

After yesterday's lack of sinking ships, Herr General, has decided to continue after them. There are three possible convoys. I choose one coded BOSOM as it heads up the estuary into the Southhampton Dockyard, with the lowered manuvering room perhaps we can sink some.

Its another all out attack with all three groups of Stuka 2 going after BOSOM this morning. Once again we have Jagd 3 groups 1 and 2 out in front in a detacted air sweep, with strict orders to stay around this time. Yesterday they left five minutes early and missed the action. Once again Zero 26/1 is asked to sheppard the aircraft back home.

At noon I get to see the first of the results and I have to sit back in shock. The RAF scrambled 12 squadrons in defence of this convoy and they were all there on time. There was no patrol over the ships so how did they know we were coming? Those damn French rebels must be sending them information, but how did they know the size of this raid? Apperently two groups of Stuka were turned back, but two made it through but only damaged five ships. Only five ships...Herr General is already on the phone with the Oberst and he is not happy at their performance. Although I can see our Stukas will not be as successful against these Inglander fighters.

As I scan the results, 8 spitfired destroyed and 8 damaged with a wonderful 12 Hurricanes destroyed and 20 damaged. Almost a full 10-12% of their airforce out of commision in two days. The cost was higher today with 4 Me-110 destroyed and 7 damaged, the Jagd fared well again with only 1 damaged and 3 destroyed, unfortunately all the pilots were lost today. The Stukas bore the brunt of their massive defense with 18 damaged and 12 destroyed, 24 airman lost...I must make a note to have the Inspector check on these squadrons after losing so much so soon.

Sitting back looking at the board I realize that they have few squadrons left to respond with, I order a strike against Hawkinge Air Field. I'm sure they are scrambling out of that airfield, we could catch them on the ground! I order Stuka 1 groups 1 & 2 into the fray Zero 26 groups 3 to fly cover. While the RAF are focued on the damage we will do to their airfield, I order another strike against BOSON by Stuka 1/3 with cover by Jagd 3/3. A masterful stroke on my part I must say as this should catch them on the ground done for the day.

By 1800 the results are back and thing worked much better. The Hawkinge AF Zeros stop two squadrons of Hurricane, destroying two and damaging three to their 1 damaged and five destroyed. The stukas made it through and damaged four hangers and 20% of the airfield, Well done! The attack on BOSOM went well other than the raid followed the coast line down from Hawkinge to Southhampton so there was plenty of time for observers to call ahead, but the RAF only put of 38 planes in defense, proof we are already grinding them down. The Stukas damaged two Spits and Jagd 3/3 destroyed eight Hurricanes and damaged another eight. The Stukas only two destoyed and three damaged with the fighters holding at two damaged and five destroyed.

All in all by the end of the day we have destroyed or damaged 15-20% of the RAF. The fat man must sue for peace soon. We have paid for this victory, but will continue to press the attack until the stupid English come to their senses.