Gentlemen,

JRT,

You have certainly done your homework on the traditional game fishing locations around these parts.
Those immortal names of Walton and Cotton are held in great esteem and are embedded in the conciousness af every serious angler as he, or indeed she, flogs the hallowed reaches of the rivers you have named. I have served more than a little time while attempting to coax the brown trout and grayling on to my fly from the Dove in particular. A beautiful name for a beautiful river. I once caught a grayling with a live s h i t-fly which I captured from a cow-pat. Missed it first time but it rose again.

Actually I have been slumming it while coarse fishing - only the gentry could have thought of that description of the most popular form of angling in the UK. How rusty I have become over the last 16 years. I must say that I started the afternoon with little confidence but after taking a couple of roach to the humble maggot my interest escalated and I ended the afternoon with just five of these silvery beauties and lost three more. Hardly a modest bag but June is a wonderful month for this type of fishing and it will not be many more days before I return with appetite whetted, and promise to take the Nikon next time...

I literally had to keep a weather eye open for a bloody great black storm front which was gathering over Manchester and oddly it was approaching from the North against a light breeze.
Perhaps a meteorologist could explain how this could happen but when I heard distant thunder I started to pack up and get back to the car to avoid a possible deluge.

Keep testing that hammock and be sure to incorporate all modifications before presenting your report to Hymie Goldenberg of the Leisure and Loafing Syndicate Inc., Purveyors of Luxuries to the Gentry, Bone Idle and Work Shy.

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------