Folks,

Dux:

It was a scholarly work, prodigious in scope if not in fact Homeric and Zerosan2, DFWC should be proud of it.

SOLD ALL YOUR TACKLE! Not all of it surely. Why, that would make you a..a..eunuch... and Olga a very sad woman for sure. \:\(

It has also been many years since I went fishing, except with the grandkids that is. I still have ALL my tackle however and in the unlikely event that you have actually sold ALL your tackle, do not remind Olga. ;\)

Are we talking fly casting or spin? Considering your location I'd guess fly fishing. I know there is a wide variety of fishing opportunities in Derbyshire. The rivers of the Derbyshire Peak District, the Wye, the Dove, the Lathkill, the Derwent and others are world famous as the historic home of fly fishing, and have been fished by countless thousands since and before the days when Izzac Walton and Charles Cotton roamed the area. Fortunately or perhaps not, I'd suppose that some of the best fishing may be controlled by those large estates of Haddon and Chatsworth as well. Since you have your own castle, keep and drawbridge, not to mention portcullis and stagnant moat, I suppose you mingle effortlessly with the landed gentry and even these reserves are open to you?

The weather is perfect for it here. Maybe a tad warmish at almost 32 C. As this is the second day of summer and the dragon flies are darting lazily about over silent pond and roaring stream alike, now might be the perfect time indeed for a few hopeful casts. I envy you Pal. Good luck. Take a snap of your catch for us.

As for me, I'll get in some serious hammock testing this afternoon. So far, all the tests, though rigorous and time consuming, have proven the old hammock is in perfect working order. Still, one cannot be too careful. I'll continue serious testing through the lazy days of summer and well into the fall, just to be on the safe side mind you.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019