Folks,

Good Morning Dux:

On the birding scene, Carolina wise that is, our little grove of trees has been visited all week by a huge flock of Starlings. Their raucous calls fill the air just before sunrise and just prior to sunset every day. This is not for the first time. Soon they will move on to greener pastures and all will be quiet once more around here.

A couple of hours after our noisy visitors had departed for the day today we were visited by our old pal the Red-tailed hawk. He buzzed the house and swept across the sky into the distance in but a second. I have never heard him call so loudly and so long. For a time after he disappeared from sight his cry could still be heard in the distance. I caught sight of him once more banking to the right not too far from our old spring and just over those ancient oaks the grandkids have named Granpa and Granma Tree. I suppose our brown feathered friend was hoping to find a fat squirrel or rabbit for his breakfast?

According to C51 he cannot run BoB2 WOV on his ancient rig unless he has all the bells and whistles turned off or cranked way down. Would he be better off going back to the old BDG BoB that he could run full bore? I cannot say. As you know, my computer is an old P2 450 and that means I cannot run WOV at all.

As long as we are supporting my son's family of 5 that ain't likely to change any time soon either. He just had another operation on Wednesday. He is fine. Anyway, what I mean is I have to rely upon you to fly some missions and to post a few words now and again regarding WOV and all the new patches etc. I can't do it myself and neither can C51. Would you mind terribly doing that for us Old Sport? Maybe once per week? We desperately need some input that is topical occasionally otherwise we are completely missing SNAFU's original intent for this thread. How about it my friend? Perhaps you are still in the same leaky boat with C51? You did recently upgrade to a new system didn't you? However, I seem to recall that your video card, though new was not robust enough for all the new features as well. Have you replaced that?

C51 writes this morning that Toronto is enjoying a white Christmas a month late. He loves snow and doesn't mind driving in it. They do not close the schools up in Igloo Country when it snows as we do down here. Around here snow is a novelty.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019