Folks,

C51:

You are far too kind. If it is giving me what I deserve that you would set about doing then please reconsider or at least take pity upon me for I am now a senior citizen.

As we swiftly approach 500 pages and 5,000 posts on this the second reincarnation of SNAFU's " remarkable nearly 7 year old Here's What Happened" thread, there has been some discussion as to whom it is who deserves the privilege of taking the 5,000th post. Though I deeply appreciate your kindness in offering that honor to me gentlemen, I cannot accept. HWH has always been a community of like minded friends who, though differing greatly in so many ways share in the love of Rowan's, The BDG's or Shockwave's BoB. IMHO the honor of that 5,000th post should fall not to one, for no one person can take credit for the amazing longevity of HWH, not even SNAFU himself if he were here.

No, gentlemen it should be the privilege and high honor of we three, C51, Old Dux and myself who should share in this honor and that is what, with your agreement and cooperation I plan to do. Here is what I propose:

I have given it my best effort and created a barely passable 5,000th Post graphic. I have placed that graphic on Photobucket. On the occasion of that 5,000th post, I intend to place that graphic here for all to see along with a few congratulatory words of my own. Since I must do that posting myself due to the graphic, I would like for each of you gentlemen, C51 and Dux, to send to me, by e-mail, a few or a lot of your choicest words in your own inimitable style that I can include with mine in that singular post. It is the only fair thing to do my long time friends.

Please hurry, there seems to be a hole in the clock....someone said that time is running out. ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019