Folks,

SNAFU:

Thanks for the encouraging words. I hope that you are correct. If so, we all still have much to look forward to. If not, Timdog and I may be overwhelmed, and I am creatively just a bit pooped. I heard someone shout "Thank goodness, he's stopped writing that mess."

It is a bit like flapping one's arms in a desperate attempt to keep a wingless Spitfire aloft when we are left posting alone for long periods like this. Not that I mind the writing. I miss the reading.

I do not wish or intend for this to ever become a JRT thread. No one would put up with that including myself and the readers would stay away in droves.

Yes, I agree, we are all very busy and have so many other things more important on our plates. I certainly do. That is precisely why over 750 posts on this extended thread is so astounding, isn't it? BOB is truly inspiring. I for one am always happy to step into the breech now and again and pump in an extra story or two to keep things going and to keep HWH from drifting off the page. I do love to write.

Try as I might, I cannot bring the variety of stories and the energy of many other writing styles that I suspect were so appreciated by our readers in the past. And heck, as I said, I love to read those stories myself. I've already read my own stuff and frankly I do not care much for it much myself. Ok, that statement just planted me firmly with the majority, didn't it?

SNAFU has started something special here. We can easily reach 1000 posts and beyond if interest and participation does not wane. I suspect that HWH is getting a bit old for all of us now. Yet BOB has not lost its luster so there is, as you point out, hope.

Folks must have grown tired of reading my crude stories day after day. What we need is some exciting new talent posting here like young Timdog. We need them to come along and give us old hands a break once in a while and to keep the interest and momentum going. Those who post also read.

I have all my fingers crossed friends, however, as you may well imagine, it is very, very difficult to type this way.

------------------
"Blessed are they who expect nothing.
For they will not be disappointed." - Edmund Qwenn, "The Trouble with Harry"

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 02-04-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Jolly Roger Too (edited 02-04-2002).]