Folks,

PV1:
You are more than welcome. Everything continues at least to seem to be under control here. Not a hint of browser re-direction has reared its ugly head for days and XP ran and installed ten security updates today. I continue to cross my fingers and I desperately need to stop holding my breath very soon.

All the security related apps mentioned were freeware at the time that I downloaded them. I'm not sure that anyone else might have the same good experience that I did. Every system is different. Every infection differs in some way. For anyone who is not an experten I'd recommend professional advice before deleting files or stopping any processes. Also remember that no software no matter how sophisticated is infallible. LOL! Apparently neither are rootkits. wink

Dux:
Warning? You considered that a warning Dux? Not at all. Naturally I assumed that you would be delighted to hear that Olga is safe and would once again, and very soon, be putting her fashionable size 36 EEE, Soviet military green, hi-top hob-nailed brogans with the red Hammer and Sikle logos upon British soil.

May I say how kind it is of you to share your castle and her charms with the boys? You are most considerate in offering the lads the run of the castle. And it is not too great a stretch to assume that they will indeed be running. Running for their lives that is.

Your mail has somehow been caught by the remaining portion of my steadily degrading mailbox and a pair of suitable digital replies have been electronically returned toward your own. Open them with haste as they contain perishable material.

MG:
One of the few things that I have seldom been accused of is being in my right mind. I continue to prowl the Internet in search of helpful freeware apps and free photoshop plug ins. Knowing your own predilection for collecting these useful and interesting bits of code I will continue to make any especially productive locations known to you.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019