Folks,

Dux:

Yes indeed, many were the e-mailed conversations between myself and Dave Whiteside of Rowan at that time and once or twice something was thrown in from Rod Hyde himself. I always thought the Rowan boys were unhappy with the timing of the release forced upon them by Empire (who had to or wanted to make a profit ASAP). This may be one of the reasons why I always felt that the Rowan chaps with whom I had any contact bent over backwards to be of assistance. I have a warm feeling for them to this day.

I had some contact with Empire later on but it never was with the same feeling of passion for the game or their customers satisfaction. They were already too busy on their next series of releases and I felt that BoB was already old news. Such is the rat race pace of software publishing. I do not particularly fault them for that. Without Empire there possibly would not have been a BoB or perhaps even a WOV. However, in my mind at least, there was a clear differentiation between those whose blood sweat and tears produced the code that was Rowan's BoB and the publisher who merely, if justifiably, wanted to profit by that sweat and move on.

Thank you for the tip regarding "The Battle of Britain: Then and Now." I would be delighted to read that one. Alas, a quick virtual perusal of the stacks using my computer shows that for some reason we do not have that title at the Lizard Lick Library, All Night Roller Rink and Pet Grooming Facility. I will therefore continue my search elsewhere.

Where's the book? Where's the book? I'll be shouting that for weeks. And I wonder, Dux, who might have the tattered, well-thumbed volume actually used by those dedicated wizards at Rowan? Wouldn't you like to get yer grubby little hands on that one?

It sounds as if that book would be a rather largish volume showing photos of the RAF and German aerodromes and other points of interest at the time of the war and then contrasting that with the same locations as they are today? Even if that were only a small part of it, the book would be fascinating.

It might even help me with my terminology should I write another HWH story. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019