Folks,

Dux:

Your friendly e-mail dropped soundlessly into my rusty mailbox this morning without loosening much more than a fine, red dust. Never seen a skunk in the wild you say? Those who have never experienced, shall I say it, a full blown skunk attack, need not feel especially deprived.

Your kind wishes have been passed on to the birthday girl who received them with a a twinkle in her eye and a great smile. April 15th being the only date in the year that any mention of her birth date or age is thus received, I'd say that her smile on April 16th is a measure of the high esteem in which you are held in this household.

There are so many historic places to visit in the UK. You could probably take a garden spade and go out by the old 3-holer and dig down a mere 12 inches and find several museum quality relics yourself. I envy you the closeness of so many interesting sites.

Of course there is much to be seen right here around Lizard Lick. The new traffic light went up last Friday and there is still a large crowd standing about watching the thing change color. I understand the barbershop had to close early Friday as everyone walked the two blocks south to see the big lighting ceremony.....

OK, to be honest (for a change), I do live quite close to Jamestown, Yorktown, Williamsburg and many historic battlefields of our un-Civil War. We are also within a few hours driving distance of Kittyhawk.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019