Folks,

Before someone with a slight Danish accent and a bad temper tolerantly reminds me this is the BoB2 forum let me say I am aware of that and in my defense we have a long history of discussing pretty much anything and any sim on this thread. neaner

With a bit of help from someone on the MiG Alley section of the CombatFlightSim forum I have sorted part of the Saber control problem.

I was thinking yesterday that I remembered that the hat switch used to act differently. It used to be sticky so I switched from pan to fixed but oddly enough that was about the same. Then I read that if you set the pan to fixed in the views section and then set pan view to keyboard in the controls section you get a sticky hat switch view. For some reason that also changed the padlock view so that it was much more like I remembered it in the past and it was far easier to get on the tail of a padlocked MiG. The padlock is much more like in BoB2 now though I do not remember setting it the same way. Of course I have trouble remembering which pocket I've just put my hand in so that is nothing new.

This thing is working out nicely. Back when my decrepit old system gave up the ghost and I lost everything I said I hoped to have the WW1, WW2 and Korean War trifecta one day. Now I do. I have FCG for WW1, BoB2 for WW2 in Europe and IL2-46 for all WW2 theaters including the Pacific, and Now MA for the Korean war. Fantastic.

Most of the MA sites I remember being so active when the game came out have closed. I am having trouble finding mods and tips. I was surprised when I found this somewhat active thread on SimHQ particularly since I had already checked the MA forum and found little life there. The thread I found is not a forum but part of the larger forum encompassing all combat air sims. I had never checked that out before. Apparently someone is interested in working on a serious MA upgrade. There is a thread asking what features everyone would like to see implemented. I do not know if this is a BDG affiliated group or not. Silkman is apparently behind the effort. Anyone know anything more about it?

It must be a volunteer group because I cannot believe anyone will make any money upgrading an old flight sim..... hmmmm Bob being one glaring exception. Hmmmmm again.... Does anyone know if anyone actually made any money from BoB2?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019