Folks,

Dux:

My dear Pal. What a nice thing to say. So you have also considered our meeting face to face someday? I have thought of that many times myself. Especially so on that particular occasion when, safely entrenched on the other side of the big wet spot, you so churlishly arranged for me to meet Olga on that blind date. ;\)

Seriously, I'm sure that you must know that I highly value our on-line friendship and yes, I have thought about our getting together on many occasions. I respect your writing skill and vast knowledge on so many topics. I really missed your comments while you were called away. Actually I think that we might get along quite well. At least until the bar tab has to be settled up...

Speaking of beer tabs...Who knows, one day we might both manage to drop in on our pal C51 up in Toronto? I understand that he has personal knowledge of the finest watering holes in that southern Canadian city. Won't he be surprised? As for moi, travel makes me thirsty. The bar tab would surely be enormous, surpassed only, I think, by the size of the resulting hangovers. Generosity is C51's middle name. As our host, I'm sure that he would never hear of us spending any of our own money. Under those amicable conditions I'm sure we might even extend our stay for weeks and weeks.

The likelihood is remote however you can bet that if I ever manage to find myself in beautiful Derbyshire, I will be sure to attempt to contact you. Yes, being a fair minded fellow, I might even warn you in plenty of time for you and your dear Lady "J" to exit out the back door well before I arrive.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019