Folks,

We have 59 warming degrees F. at 9:30 AM here in one of the garden spots of dear old Dixie. We expect very unseasonably warm weather this weekend. It appears that one of our wealthy denizens has forked over the considerable amount of coin required in order to secure a weekend of Hawaiian weather for the lot of us. I thank this anonymous benefactor for his/her largess. Alas I have never made it all the way to that gorgeous group of Pacific islands. I made it to the west coast but the big wet spot I encountered at Venice Beach stopped my further progress in that direction. I did not have long to despair for those California girls skating about in their bikinis were perfectly tanned and both beautiful and accommodating.... emphasis on the the last 6 letters... er, Dux you got the wrong end of the word, that could be why it made no sense to you. here's a clue... I meant "dating".

Friend Fittop, I think everyone who tried Win 10 had issues with it at some point. I installed the original version on my PC but found some games required a fair amount of tweaking (tweaking being a well known euphemism for cussing) and some, like BoB2 would not run at all. SPIT!!! Snarl! Spit again.

I am now back to Win 7 and, rather like XP, I find it stable and more agreeable to use. In the end however it is probably inevitable we shall all have one of Win 10's variants on board whatever we compute with. Now, having said all that, (were you reading?) I must also say to be fair that in the long run Win 10 and I signed a truce of sorts and began friendly if not perfect relations. I never took her to bed or anything, we just sanded off the rough edges and settled into a wary but amicable relationship for a time. I even began to like some (OK a few|) of Win 10s new features. The fact that I now use Win 7 indicates I was still not in love with Win 10 in the end. Sorry you have problems with 10 that prohibit your options. Try re-installing? Things never got that bad for me. You probably have the later version of Win10. Quote: ....no browser run time will work.... Could you have a virus? I once had a nasty one that would not let me go online to certain anti virus sites or even update my anti-virus. Probably it is just an issue with Win 10. Particularly if others are having the same issue. I haven't kept up you see.

I don't know much about Win Defender other than it is really in my opinion not much real protection against any serious intrusion by virus, trojan or hacker. What is? I dunno what the best is. I use Avast on my phone. Another free version of a popular anti virus on this computer. You definitely need to keep whatever you use up-to-date. Defender is however better than nothing. Nothing being having no protection whatsoever, sending out compelling invitations to all hackers to come visit you or googling for unsavory websites to visit just to see what happens. No one should care what I think but I advise great care online no matter what protection you may have. Nothing, not even the most expensive software is perfect. You perfect a lock, someone is gonna eventually perfect a new key. If you go online, if you download stuff, particularly from unknown websites you will get a virus attack at some point, I have, I suppose everyone does. The last trojan I had took me ages to get rid of. It was my fault I picked that up, I was careless. Now the fact is, I have nothing of interest to anyone but me on my computer. No personal info, nothing at all, but that is no protection. Ask thirty people which virus checker is best and you will in all probability get 30 different answers. There are a lot of them out there. One trial version I tried years ago actually installed a list of viruses and trojans so that when it was run it could boast it had found all that nasty stuff and quarantined it. No Dux I uninstalled that program fast. I figured out their little scheme and, like Queen Victoria, I was not amused.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019