JRT,

We must lay on a party when C51 is posted in again! beercheers

My Gamebuster card still needs updating but so far it copes with WOV including the mass formations, and although I have some settings at Medium, the game is looking good!

I kicked off the Channel Campaign but not very well at all - losing three kites for no claims when 151 was bounced by 109s over Jaunty off Folkestone. Later that afternoon they tried again as the convoy was arriving at Tilbury.
Elements of 151, 56, 1, and 43 (about 24 fighters) engaged over a hundred bandits comprising Ju87s and 110s all the way across Kent. I flamed 2 Bf110s but received return fire and had to retire to Manston with no ammunition. On the approach I noticed two more of the bounders closing in at low altitude. All I could do was cut the throttle to minimum and circle at low speed. It worked, and the 110s overshot several times as they vainly tried to turn inside me. Now I was almost on the deck and resigned to a forced landing away from the airfield. As I spared a quick glance rearward, the welcome sight of not one but both 110s flying straight in cheered me up no end.

Stats credited me with 4 110s which including those two I hadn't even fired at. Is this usual?
Anyway, we were supposed to have lost 6 Hurricanes for nine of the enemy but all RAF fighters were accounted for when I checked as they landed at their repective airfields? Also the Review showed only 6 Germans destroyed but actual losses at nine including a 109 which had not been in either formation. Such anomalies were prevalent in those days so really nothing historically inaccurate!

'Find your enemy and shoot him down - everything else is unimportant.'

Manfred von Richtofen
---------------------------