Folks,

Gentlemen:

I see that the post that I made last night has gone missing, perhaps SNAFU has it somewhere in the netherworld between HWH and everywhere else?

I'm a glutton for your punishment so I'll try once again.

I have passed along the latest birding news to our Canadian pal. I have received no reply from him. As to whether C51's cat is also smiling, your guess is as good as mine...

It is quite true that those jackbooted chaps with the ancient spider-like device on their shirts did come up with some devilishly good and innovative designs. Good for us and bad for them, they missed the one revolutionary weapon that went boom twice, changed the world forever and suddenly ended the war. How careless of them.

The Germans were experimenting with heavy water of course but apparently they decided tap water tasted better with schnapps and gave it all up to concentrate on producing other more promising weapons like the Me328, the Hs132 and the Hs162 Salamander, popularly called the 'volksjager'. The latter's almost impossible to believe development program, from start to finish, taking only 6 short months. I believe that the drawings were ready in October of 1944 and the first prototype flew in just 37 days. In spite of the obvious difficulties, at the very end of the war for Germany, 300 of the various sub-types had actually been completed by VE Day.

Dux:

I hear that you have been forsaking the Prince and Polecat these past several nights for more expensive drinks at the Startled Ferret which, by my own count, is located just 74 staggering footsteps down the high street from HWH Hall. We missed you Mate. Several of the lads will have to borrow against their next pay checks unless you show up tonight for a lively game of cards or darts. I also understand that, due to your prolonged absence, the P&P is once again getting quite over stocked with your favorite drink, Pouritt & Sypp (sold only by the bucket).

I told them not to worry. I promised that you'd return very soon and as thirsty as ever. I said that you were simply looking for a meaningful one-night relationship with the SF's new beermaid Erma Boobsbiggenuff. On the other hand, if you continued to get up the nose of her boyfriend the landlord, one Percy Krotchkiker, former RN lightweight wrestling champion and shortest man in the fleet to bench press over 30 stone with one hand, I cautioned that you might just be spending several lazy, reflective weeks in the hospital. Understandably, no one is in favor of that unless it might be Percy.

I see by the shocked look on your face that you were not aware of all that, were you? May I tell those concerned that you and your money will be re-joining us tonight?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019