Folks,

No one has heard a peep out of Dux since the holidays..... Hmmmmmm. I wonder if he obtained another tasty bottle of Jack Daniels Bourbon? If that is so, perhaps I should post that recipe for a dandy hangover cure once given to me by an unusually merciful Olga?

If you can survive obtaining the exotic ingredients and provided that you do not lose too much skin or an eye concocting the volatile stuff, it seems to be somewhat efficacious. I understand that there have not been a large number of survivors, however those that did manage to live, recommend it highly. We'll see if Dux turns up within a day or two.

Dux:

I've always liked to listen to the BBC braodcasts on short-wave, both as a kid and a young adult, and now I watch a nightly broadcast on TV. There is a bias there I'm sure, but the coverage is broad and it is interesting, plus it varies in some ways with what our own media presents from time to time on various issues.

A Brit radio presenter now living here who happens to be an acquaintance of mine, recommended "The Guardian" to me. Although I was aware that it is a liberal biased broadsheet, as I said, I like to look at all sides of various events. It is getting damned difficult to get any important news here in the States that has not first been vetted, litmus tested and strained through some sort of pre-set POV. Oh for the days when they just gave us the facts and let us make up our own minds without editorializing. OK, I suppose it has always been the other way 'round however nowadays they do not even pretend otherwise.

There are those who believe that in a totalitarian regime the people are controlled and in a free society such as a Democracy, the information and not the people is controlled. I'm not so sure that is true however I keep my options open.

Have you any un-biased recommendations for our Internet perusal?

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019