Folks,

P2:

No offense meant I assure you. Perhaps I thought Brits would be far too intelligent for my nonsense?

At any rate after all PV1s help with SDOE, and all the posts by you and Dux, the very least I can do is to correct the unintentional snub of Brits. I have for that reason amended my original story to wit:

"At this precise moment, secreted in an Alpine laboratory, sparing no expense, Steven Spielberg and Bill Gates (or someone like them) have hundreds of well paid and highly skilled British, Canadian, Italian, Dutch, German, Japanese, Danish, Finnish, Swiss, French & American scientists slaving away developing brand new, beyond state-of-the-art, family oriented theatrical entertainment equipment that includes some mind boggling VR story telling and gaming apparatus just for us. Although they were all asked, there were no other international scientists interested in the project. Here is what you might one day experience."

Dux:

Brits won medals? Gold medals? Hmmmmmm. Now that you mention it, you are indeed deserving of our sincere congratulations. Well done England.

I clearly recall that my very first, first person shooter was the original Doom. Castle Frankenstein was the next I think. All good, mindless mayhem. Using those on-line instructions you mention I eventually dragged myself leaving behind all 200 or so bodies of my miraculous reincarnations up to the final level of combat in Doom and there I blasted that demonic incarnation back to hell.

Lady T was underwhelmed, my son only mildly interested (he did it first, faster and with no help)and though I looked closely, nothing ever appeared on the local news or in the local paper regarding my triumph. Nevertheless, I was mighty proud of myself for days. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019