Folks,

I suppose someone should write here at least once each week?

We are having gray, rainy but recently warm days this December. Each morning we wake surrounded in a dense fog. No, it is not what you think Dux...the fog here is outside the house. I suppose the earth warms more slowly than the air? It is like waking in the mountains surrounded by cloud. I well remember that from my hiking, camping days up in the Blue Ridge and Smokies.

I am reading several new books. One is about flying the Apache helicopter in Afghanistan. Another is a biography of Neil Armstrong and the last is the autobiography of "Sully" Sullenberger the pilot who successfully landed his disabled airliner in the Hudson River with no loss of life.

I also have a book entitled "The Kennedy Legacy" but I have not started that one as yet. I am an impatient reader so I often read 3 or 4 books at a time.

I wonder if Dux has been able to keep his chins out of his bucket of grog or his cup of eggnog? After a gallon or two of strong drink Dux tends to get a lean and hungry look and soon he begins to call out for Olga. One of these days, if his luck runs out, she may hear him calling.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019