Folks,

SeaVee:

Thanks for the tip. That is an interesting forum. I thoroughly enjoyed reading those 12 pages about that lucky captain and his "winnings".

My son once received such a notification claiming he was a big winner. We also knew it had to be a scam. There was a London telephone number included. The number was supposed to be that of a bank or financial institution. We wanted to check that out and although we had been assured we were millionaires that would be an expensive call from eastern North Carolina. Then I had an idea.

I simply asked our forum pal Bader, who lived in Surrey and worked in London, to give that number a jingle for us. He did just that and I believe it was a Chinese laundry or something. His call only woke up someone's private answering machine. Easy come, easy go. Our son took it well I thought and shed no tears as he sadly tore up the check he was writing for that big Bayliner.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019