Folks,

Dux:

No alcohol? Nary a drop? Of course I believe you, though a 1000 would not. What a relief. Your will power is unimpeachable old chum however in my mind, and taking that into account, there is only one possible explanation. You have apparently somehow managed to visit London on the one day in the year in which the consumption of alcohol was strictly prohibited...

Alcohol is not sold here on election day. It occurs to me that considering the quality of our elected officials soberly voted into office in the past we might do well to require the consumption of alcohol in great quantity before voting. ;\)

You've been aiding fallen women again? I congratulate you on your generosity however you did not indicate just how these ladies came to fall in the first place...concience bothering you me thinks.

It is none of our business over here of course however I think your assessment of the way the wind is blowing for the monarchy may be correct. If Charles wishes to be king he certainly has gone out of his way to make it difficult. Still he is the Prince of Wales and heir apparent so I wonder? Good for the country that he was not king when he chose his newest bride...shades of Wallace Simpson and the Duke of Windsor, eh? That would have taken a bit of the gilt off the crown jewels I bet.

I am overwhelmingly delighted to report that I have just been to my crusty, rusty mailbox and found your two messages along with a striking photo of the woods around Kensington Palace. Thank you for sending that to us. I will reply in due course with more favorable comments regarding the flora and fauna pictured in and about the Palace. \:\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019