Gentlemen,

Putting aside my glass of excellent Cognac; half-empty before readdressing its meta-physical qualities to reflect that transferring liquor from the bottle into the glass will consequently make it half full, the wisdom of Confucius can be applied in the most frightening ways.

Seeing that I am in a position to update my friends in the HWH Squadron being recently hit by a touch of nostalgia and thus firing up the old, BDG enhanced Rowan BoB version, it is indeed abundantly clear that BoB 2 by Shockwave overall is a massive improvement.

No doubt you have read my report on the 2.06 release in these pages last year, and v. 2.07 carries on introducing many fine refinements to AI pilots, flight models, edradication of remaining bugs etc. Just watching the AI pilots manouver, is very satisfying and convincing.

My only reservation, and I only voice my personal thoughts with the utmost respect to Shockwave, the BDG and the modders who provide their work with very little in return for their efforts but the occasional and all too infrequent "thanks a million chaps - we really do appreciate everything you do for BoB", my only reservation is that I would have liked the 2.07 terrain update to have been optional, as personally I prefer the version that shipped with 2.06.

Therefore I have resurrected the 2.06 terrain in my 2.07 install.

It is true that software updates come at the cost of having to invest in newer computer equipment. The good news is that unlike where at the release of BoB2 you had to aquire the latest bigest and baddest computer, today's core duo rigs with PCI-E architecture are starting to fall in price as processors with 4 CPU's are now coming to the market, resulting in the older generation coming down in price. Going with "last year's model" therefore should reduce the investment considerably.

Tallyho!

Last edited by McGonigle; 02/09/08 01:01 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad

Sent from my Desktop