Folks,

Rain yesterday, cloudy today. The temp at 11:45 AM is 76°F.with 62% humidity and an 11 mph wind is blowing from the North.

MG:
I suppose it was inevitable that having lived this long I would eventually have at least one friend who does not like either cats or popcorn. wink

Fittop:

Thanks for the PMs. I have answered the last one now.

The experience of seeing movies, like sports or music events, seem to me to be enhanced by the crowd if they behave reasonably. Watching "Gone With the Wind" on the largest TV screen with Surround Sound is not the same experience as in a theater either, IMHO. However, the lack of courtesy in theaters today is one obvious reason so many do not go. Just as gangs in so many US towns have ruined the shopping experience in many a mall. Malls are closing and strip centers are popping up again as the pendulum swings.

It has been more than a year since I went to a movie theater. Years ago, my wife and I used to go to our local theater once every week when something interesting was playing. I suppose if she were living today we do as I do, wait for the film to be on TV.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019