Folks,

PV1:

It is always interesting and a real pleasure to have you drop in. I had not heard of the 'Nine O' Clock Gun. I'll ask our Toronto pal C51 if he has ever heard of it. If not, I'm sure he will also be fascinated by the story.

Ahhhh. The ingenuity of youth cannot be restrained. I have a good friend who in addition to being an actor travels about the US to Un-Civil War reenactments dragging a 16 pounder behind his travel trailer. At home he has had some of the same difficulties you mention with neighbor kids and particularly with his own boys. Once he got home just in time to prevent the probable loss of a nearby church bell tower.

I have apparently licked the problem of XP's Quick Launch Bar being a Slow Launch Bar. This has troubled me since the now defunct hijacker attacked. I had to go into the registry and increase the maximum size of the iconcache.db file. Apparently that file has replaced the old shelliconcache file in Win 98? I increased the size to 4096 and now that bar always springs instantly into use. OK, yes it is dangerous to muck about in the registry unless you know what you're doing (and I don't) and yes, I probably do have an inordinately large number of icons....

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019