Folks,

I will try once again. Yesterday I wrote a lengthy reply only to have it instantly whisked away down the rabbit hole when something apparently went terribly wrong with the server just as I hit the 'send' button. I could not get back on the forum for the rest of the night. Perhaps you also had this problem?

Alas you will now never know what I wrote. Pity. Suffice it to say that it was the most remarkable of posts I have ever written, witty, erudite, with brilliant use of language and all encompassing in scope. There may even have been a cure for cancer in there somewhere...sadly I do not remember.

Dux:

I do vaguely remember mentioning that most chaps down here had a yen for Ellie Mae (played by Donna Douglas). I understand that she was a pious lass eschewing the casting couch and that seems to have greatly shortened her career. As for the fine actress who played the secretary 'Jane'. She played many similar roles through her long career. There wasn't a lick 'o fat on that woman. I can honestly say that though I respected her talent, at no time did I ever feel the slightest attraction.

As for your Andy, I seem to recall that he always had a 'fag' (Britt for cigarette) hanging from his lip and his cloth hat always covered his eyes. I had forgotten Florrie. Just the other day I spied a bag of chips with Andy's likeness on them at the discount store. He must still be in syndication somewhere.

JN:

Welcome home. I was wondering about you a few days ago. I hope you are well. The Shenandoah must be especially beautiful this time of year? Spring certainly is blooming all over down here. We've had very strong winds after the monster storm ran over us Sunday. It has been raining birds nests this morning.

I know that you are/were in law enforcement. Condolences for the losses at Virginia Tech. So many young hearts stilled, so many hearts broken...and for what? Why wasn't there some sort of warning system? A siren, a bell, something? Perhaps now campuses across the nation will increase security and develop and install some sort of warning system? Easy for me to say, harder for them to implement....

Worry not about Dux. I am covering my wingman today and as he still owes me that fiver you will not so much as get a look at his six. Takka-takka-takka! ;\)

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019