Folks,

Dux:

Such false modesty is almost unseemly. I'm quite sure that you are aware that you are already spoken of in hushed tones if not awe in many, many places. Down at the Prince and Polecat for one. As for undying fame...It is said that the Distillers Gild of Derbyshire and the United Queendom celebrates your birthday every year with great pomp and unrestrained merriment. They happily toast your anniversary date with hopeful expectations for many more such birthdays and indeed more highly profitable years to come. ;\)

C51 did a lovely painting of a Bluejay and I believe that is still posted on his website for your viewing pleasure. I also have a canvas that I managed to slap a bit of pigment on so that it resembles a Bluejay more than anything else. It is scanned and archived however I will be merciful and not trouble you with it. After seeing C51's you would only look with scorn down yards and yards of nose upon my poor offering anyway.

I wonder what the penalty for smuggling non-indigenous bird species into the British Isles might be? A tad more than I can spare right now I'm sure, although like bananas, the idea does have appeal.

Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019